Asked by clients from 18-70:
“How do I write my resume without giving away my age?”
If you feel you are too old:
- Don’t give employers everything you have done since the day you were born.
- Why are you so worried about your age? You should be worried about whether your skills are current for the market.
- I find older clients who stress about age, act old, look old, and like it that way.
If you feel you are too young:
- Give them everything since you were born: sports, choir, drama, debate participation in scouts, clubs, or community service work.
- Why are you so worried about age? You should be worried about whether your skills are current for the market.
- I find younger clients who stress about age are generally neurotic and like it that way.
If you chose to make age an issue, it will be.
Barbara Atzmiller, MS, NCC, MCC, DCC is an Executive Coach, leadership and talent development consultant, job search management expert, and a humorous educator and guest speaker. Reach her at email@example.com. Follow her on Facebook: Expert Career Solutions and twitter @workexpert.